Monday, March 28, 2011

"Fear not, Let your Hearts be Comforted"

I've been reading my scriptures soooo much since Preston left. I started D&C the day he left and I am already 3/4 the way done and it's only been a month and half. I'm somewhat proud of myself :)
I have found so many answers to prayers and also a lot of comfort that I couldn't have found any way else. These aren't in any order, but some of my recent favorites are:

D&C 98:1-3
1. "Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks.
2. Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament - the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3. Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord."

D&C 68:6
6. "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you..."

D&C 90:24
24. "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing and all things shall work together for your good.."

John 14:27
14. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your hear be troubled, neither let it be afraid
Proverbs 3:5-6

5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6. in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

 Colossians 1:11
11. Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness. 

John 14:18
18. No, I will not abandon you or leave you as orphans in the storm - I will come to you.

I know there are a million other amazing scriptures. These have just been some recent ones I found. It's amazing how much I can see blessings in my life everyday. Reading the scriptures daily really works wonders :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love discovering new scriptures that I can relate to:) THANKS!!!!!!! Love themmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desiree!! Elder Foggin wrote me an entire letter about trusting the Lord. He said to me, "Jane, if you ever get scared or feel fear about the future, just know that it is because you have lost your trust in God." It's so true.Thanks for all the references! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these. I just recently found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

♥ 16 more Fast Sundays ♥


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones