Thursday, April 26, 2012

Goal: Not Be So Judgmental

I've realized something lately. You know how people will say, "Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes" or something like, "Don't judge me until you're put in my exact situation"? Well, I think that's still wrong. People should just try to judge. period. Every single person is different. Everyone has different experiences. And even if someone walked a mile in their shoes, they'd still act differently because they aren't them. Sometimes people do things that even they don't understand. Sometimes things go "wrong" so that Heavenly Father can put it back together the way it's supposed to be.

I used to judge other girls easily. Terrible fault of mine. I'm trying to get better. I think Heavenly Father has been teaching me this lesson. Because I realized a year ago if I would have looked at myself now, I would have been like, "What the heck? That's not me... What am I doing?" I would have judged myself. It goes to show that we never know what other people go through, and what makes them the way they are today. Even if we think we know, we usually don't. 
^^ We never know the story of what other people go through because we really only see what they are willing to show us. Usually there is so much more. That's something I've been trying to remember.
We all struggle. We all go through trials. We are always growing and learning from our experiences. It's so easy to sit back and say, "Oh look at her. She's making a mistake. She's doing the wrong thing. Doesn't she know better?" But we have NO idea why they are experiencing what they are experiencing and what they need to learn from it. Even when we make mistakes, we learn from them. We wouldn't learn if we were always perfect. It was a real eye opener to sit back and look at my life, to see where I would judge myself. Which is why I'm trying to never be as judgmental as I used to be. 
p.s. It's a good day :) Be happy :) there's always something to be happy about :) 
<3

2 comments:

  1. can i just tell you how much i freaking love you...

    like, really, i love you more than... our combined love for justin bieber. and a whole lot more. haha. but in all seriousness, you are the best freaking person on the planet. like... if i was a boy i'd marry you :p bahahaha. okay seriously..again. you're so freaking strong about everything....stop it. hah. i look up to you sooooo much. i just love everything that you are :)

    sincerely,
    you're biggest fan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ash!:) Desiree you are beautiful and I LOVED this post!! It makes me think of that quote from President Uchtdorf's talk this past conference, "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." - I mean seriously. When we judge, it should be a righteous judgement. Not one out of spite, but a judgment that is believing and hopeful... ya know??:) I completely agree with all that you say! LOVE your blog girly!

    ReplyDelete

♥ 16 more Fast Sundays ♥


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones