Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'M HOME!!!

Well everyone, I am officially back in the good ole USA after 4 amazing months in China :) Which means I'll be updating my blog on a regular basis again! :)  
I just can't believe how fast time went. I swear I was just posting about how I was leaving. I could write a million paragraphs about all my experiences there. But that's probably a bit much huh. So I'll just tell you about my "coming home" experience.
About a week before we left, I developed a pretty nasty ear infection. I thought it would be gone before we left China. Well, that didn't happen. So I flew from Hong Kong, to Korea, to LA, to SLC with this infection. It wasn't so bad at first, but by the time we got to LA I was dying. So when we landed in Salt Lake I was in a lot of pain. But nothing beat seeing my family and friends :) I am so lucky to have other MG friends who surprised me at the airport. Ashley, Alix, you guys seriously rock :)
I also witnessed some soldiers coming home. And wanna know the cutest thing? I witnessed one soldier coming down the escalader and when he got to the bottom, his girlfriend ran up and hugged him. Right after that, he kneeled down and proposed :) Talk about making me antsy.. It kinda really made me want my boy home right then and there. 
Ok I got side tracked. Sorry. So then we left the airport and I went straight to the emergency room. I almost made it to 20 years young without ever stepping foot into that place. Dang my stupid ear infection.
(p.s. This was taken after the doctor stuck something in the ear and made me cry. I wasn't very happy)
They just gave me a ton of meds and sent me on my way. The next day I was nauseated alllllll day. I was so mad cuz I only have 2 weeks in Utah. But prayers really do work, and today I felt better. I am finally enjoying the Christmas season. I've got a lot of stuff to do in the next 3 days!
Basically, I'm just glad to be home :) It's so cliche to say, but there really is no place like home for the holidays :) 


(And just to update you, me and Preston are just better than ever :) We get to skype on Christmas and I'm awaiting a Christmas package from him. We're still more in love than ever :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ 16 more Fast Sundays ♥


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones